GK Industrial Design Associates established a representative office in Los Angeles in 1966 to service Japanese industries that were trying to market products in the U.S. In 1972 it was converted into a California Corporation, taking on the new name of GK Design International Inc. (GKDI). In 2002, GKDI opened a branch office in the Atlanta area using it as an Eastern foothold to expand it’s field of design activity.
1953 GK Group established
1957 GK Industrial Design Associates
1966 Los Angeles representative office
1972 GK Design International Incorporated
2002 GKDI Atlanta office open